Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lucky

Wanted to give you an update. We have awesome neighbors who helped clear our driveway this morning. We went for a walk this afternoon and boy are we lucky! There are houses in our neighborhood that are destroyed. The destruction within a half mile from our house wil bring tears to your eyes my husband said. Houses gone...nothing but slabs left and people sifting through to see what is left.

We wil not have power for 5, 7 , 9 days. They say we will lose water soon. No phone service and cell phones are extremly hard to get through. Couldnt reach my parents until about 7pm.

We had chicken tenders, fish sticks, carrots and tater tots for dunner. Thank goodness for the camp stove. We r eating mostly out of the freezer so it doesnt waste.

My company doesnt shut down, but we are suspended until further notice.

Have you seen this on the news where you live?

I am posting via my phone...and will continue to as long as I can.

Thanks for the prayers!!!!! Hugs to you all!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I have been glued to CNN, the impact is devastaing. So happy to hear you and your family is all safe.
Hugs
Stacy

Ladybug said...

Glad to hear that you were spared!

p.s. I have a Blog Award waiting for you on my website.
http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/

Stacy said...

Just me again
I wanted to let you know I have a blog award for you
Hugs
Stacy