Monday, April 4, 2011

New Slice Cart

Lion from Slice Zoo-Topia (first cut from this cart!)



Rabbit, also from Zoo-Topia I used my Copic Markers to fill in the pink areas, then I inked the edges. No project of mine is complete without a little embossing, wink wink!



Over the weekend, I pulled my much neglected Slice out of my closet. Found out, I kinda like my Slice more than I orginally thought. Yay!!! Last night I checked out Hobby Lobby's (HL) ad and found out the Slice stuff is on sale this week. 40% off! waahhhhoooo!!!! I overslept this morning (2nd time in the last 2 weeks) - finally made it to work about 8:30, I usually get there about 7am. An older gentleman in my group started a rumor that I am pregnant, my boss thought that as so funny so he came over to tell me when I got to work. Lucky me...my boss is so understanding. It helps that I am a very dependable employee. :-)


I was dying to go to HL to check out the Slice carts...so I did and I found the Zoo-Topia cart which reminds me of the Cricut Create a Critter cart. I got back to work only to find out about an hour later - school was closing due to possible bad weather. Ahhhh, seriously! My boss can be hard to find sometimes, he is very busy...so I sent him an email and he responded by saying "Sure, making up for coming in late". I had to go into his office before I left and he was laughing about my day...did I mention what a great boss I have???


I should have been working tonight to make up for my lost time, but this cart kept calling my name!


While I was HL, I found a new embossing folder by Quickutz - it is called geometric circles. I am excited to use this new embossing folder!!!


...and no, I am not pregnant! my husband didn't think that was a funny rumor...heehee

2 comments:

Love That Bug said...

Super cute cards, I love that lion
Hugs,
Stacy

Tanya said...

Sounds like you had some kinda day! Hope the weather was ok for you guys...we got alot of wind and rain here. I've never used a Slice and I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER MACHINE (did I sound convincing?) But, those little critters of your turned out soooo cute! Love all the details and your coloring and embossing..cute, cute, cute! By the way...my hubby would not think a rumor like that was funny either :0)