Monday, November 14, 2011

What a challenge :-)

Well, I knew this blog update was going to be a challenge, but I am proud of what I have learned so far. Chris helped me get my background uploaded. I created one with an owl on it, however, I decided not to use it. I found a picture I had uploaded to photobucket a while back and I decided to use it instead. I have been looking at vector images and feeling a little overwhelmed.

It still needs a little tweaking. I am not sure how to get rid of the pink border on the top. I want to decrease the transparency of the background.

I found a cool site that gives the html color codes. If you need it, click here to see the codes. I was thrilled that I was able to figure this part out in about 5 minutes, since everything else has taken a little longer to figure out.

I will probably be playing with this for a while and I might even pay someone to design a template for me, but for now, I am having fun with this project.

Tomorrow I am going to craft with 10 kindergarteners. I made little bags and the kids are going to decorate them as turkeys. They are going to trace their hand, cut it out and then color it for the feathers, I think it will be so cute!

Wish me luck, I have never done anything like this before.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Your blog is really taking shape! I really like the backgroud , but agree it might look better if it were a bit more vivid. I'm super impressed that you are able to understand all this html codes and vector images...over my head! Have fun with the little ones tomorrow!

Audrey Frelx said...

Your blog is looking so cute already, but I'm sure you'll get everything else figured out soon, sweetie!!!

I'll be checking in to see your progress!!!

Hugs!