Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sugarland Contest

Sugarland is having a contest. Here are the rules...http://sugarlandmusic.com/news/33323

"The CMA Music Festival turns 40 this year (it doesn't look a day over 23), and we want YOUR help to wish them a happy birthday!

From now through May 17th, we're looking for the very best Sugarland-themed birthday cards honoring the CMA Music Fest's 40th. The cards can be over-the-top crazy, or sleek and modern; they can look professional, or you can make yours with crayons and glitter glue. If you can dream it -- and take a picture of it -- you can do it! The only rule is that it has to somehow involve Sugarland, since you're helping us show them the love. Otherwise, the sky's the limit."

Here is my entry...

Front of card


Inside card



3-D

I tried to use my Cricut for this project but the Silhouette (SIL) made this so much easier since I needed to print and cut. I used the CMA Music Fest as my inspiration for the front of the card. I made it from scratch using back shapes and fonts. For the inside of the card, I used Sugarland as my inspiration. "Love" is from the flag Jennifer paints at their concerts. "Sugarland" is from their website. The heart with wings is an icon of Sugarland and also a tattoo Jennifer has on her right arm (but it is kind of hidden).

I have to admit, this project took me days to create. Mostly because of technical issues with my printer and I am still new to the SIL...the hardest part was getting 2011 CMA cut out with the border on it.

5 comments:

Sammye Jo said...

I got to work the CMA Fest booth a few years ago while I was a bartender in downtown Nashville. It was one BUSY week! We would work the booth during the day, bartend until 3, get to leave around 5am and start it all again at 10!!! crazy!!!!! And good look with the SIL! It is my next purchase!!!

Stacy said...

Wow,
What a great card, I love everything about it including Sugarland
Hugs
Stacy

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey, sweetie!!! Your card is adorable!!! It's already a winner to me!

I've really missed you, and I appreciate all your comments, prayers, and well wishes you sent my way!!! Thank you so much for continuing to think of me -- that's why I love you so. I'm back for a while -- don't know how long but hoping a LOOOOONG while...lol!!!

I'll be back soon!

Audrey Frelx said...

Glad you stopped by and picked up your award. I was going to let you know but I was first trying to complete my DT project for Pam's blog tomorrow.

Again I have to tell you I love that card you made!!!

Hugs, sweetie!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Your card is just truly amazing! I love all the great details and the colors are just perfect! Love the banner and the way you spelled out Sugarland around the edge...way cool! Great card...it's a winner in my book!