Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas to all!

We have never made Reindeer food, but when I saw Tanya and her granddaughter had made it, I thought, hmmm, that might be something fun to do with the kids.

They loved it! My son measured the oatmeal, while my daughter added the glitter. We sprinkled it on the driveway just before bedtime. While we were sprinkling, my sister texted to let us know Santa had been spotted in our county by the Sheriff department. Inside we ran and off to bed the kids went, as I read "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" to them.

Though it was hard for the kids to settle down and go to sleep, some furry stuffed friends helped them to call it a night.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. May you find happiness in being with family - with or without presents under the tree.

1 comment:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh what fun! So happy that you got a chance to make the reindeer food! Emma, Uncle Matt (my youngest son) and I sprinkled enough reindeer food in our yard to feed a herd of reindeer! Emma had soooo much fun doing this that I think it will become a new tradition! We will be doing it again on Wednesday night when my grandsons come in for Christmas - Round 2 - in the Adams' Family!