Friday, December 2, 2011

Decorated Gingerbread house



Well, today was the day I got to play with a kindergarten class. The kids loved this project. The most loved part was the GLITTER GLUE! I took 2 bottles - should have taken at least 4. They were all precious and the teacher loved the houses (even before we decorated them).

I made the peppermint candy with my Silhouette and turned them in to stickers using my Xyron. My husband twisted the pipe cleaners (candy canes) for me - I tried but just couldn't get it. I bought the pom poms and stickers at Michaels right before we began our project.

They all looked different, some had a ton of pom poms - some had a few like my daughter's in the pic above. Some had a lot of glitter, some had a little, they all did a great job. I was so proud of them!

At the end, I gave them a battery operated candle to go on the inside. (I explained to them not to use a real candle.)

It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it...doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: