Saturday, April 17, 2010

Letterpress Ink and Cuttlebug







I bought some letterpress ink and tried it out with my CB embossing folders. I love this idea...it didn't work perfectly but I still love the possibility of it!!!

I used DS, Sweethearts cart and Cricut markers to make the flower flourish on the circle. I cut the circle using George at 2".

For the CB folder, I used the C plate (which I never use since I only emboss with my CB) and put a little ink on it...then I spread the ink with my brayer until it was evenly spread. Next, I inked up my CB folder with the inked brayer. Once evenly covered, I put the paper in the folder - then ran it in the CB machine. I used Letterpress paper which is very thick - so A, B, folder and B is the pattern. It's a tight fit but it works. I did trim the edges before I put the debossed paper on my card.

Supplies:
Cricut
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Brayer
Letterpress Ink
Ink plate
DS
Cricut Markers
Cricut George Cart
Sweethearts Cart
Adhesive
Ribbon
Cardstock