Sunday, June 12, 2011

Master bedroom makeover

In 2009 I posted a pic of the framed art I did for our master bedroom. See it here: Bedroom Art

Today, I bought this duvet cover. I bought one in an off-white color. (It was on clearance at our local store and I had a gift card, wahhhoooo!)

My husband agreed before I bought the duvet cover, he will help me get our bed disassembled and outside so I can paint it black. I have been wanting to do this for years...and I am soooo excited to get this project started and completed. I think it is going to look incredible.

Here is the inspiration for our room. Our headboard is shaped like this...but more definite. It reminds me of a puzzle piece. My mom bought it for me when I lived at home and I have never liked the headboard, however, I think once it is painted black I will love it! I have 2 nightstands, a chest, a dresser and the bed to paint. It might take me a while to get it finished.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow,
Your bedroom is gorgeous. It looks like it came straight from a catalog, I love it
Hugs
Stacy

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

This isn't my room, it is my inspiration room...can't wait to get started. I bought supplies tonight to start on the furniture. Just need some energy now!