Sunday, June 19, 2011

Furniture make-over (Continued)


I ♥♥♥ the new duvet cover. My husband gave me a gift card to Anthropologie and I happend to find this on sale and had to have it! Now I need to make some pillow shams. I will be making these in the next few weeks.

Dresser, one of the screws broke on the new hardware...uh oh!



(Here is what it looked like before - ewwww)




And finally the chest.



I have never painted furniture. I have wanted to do this for years, but I have been too scared! When I saw the duvet cover, I knew right then I had to do it. I waited a day before I bought the duvet cover (I just couldn't get it out of my head). A few days later, I had the supplies and was dying to get started. I started on Thursday after work and finished Saturday evening. Some of it got rained on Thursday night...and then on Saturday, I had to hurry and get everything inside because there was a storm that brewed up out of nowhere.

Now we have decided we want to paint the room but I really don't want to do any more painting for a while. This project wore me out!!!!! I asked my husband to only help me get the bed outside for painting, I wanted to do the rest. He did help move the chest and dresser also, but I did all the priming and painting and installing the new hardware (he had to tighten some of the handles for me).

I followed instructions I found online for this project. Please visit Just a Girl blog. Her piece is amazing!!!! I can't wait to take some pics in the day time...I think they will look better than the ones I took tonight.

5 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Wow Eva...this turned out amazing! I love how chic all that black looks...ooh la la !!! This really was a huge project and you did an awesome job on it! I also like the hardware you picked out, goes together very nicely. You should be very proud of yourself...now...take a few days and relax!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey, sweetie, I have an award for you on my blog!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey, sweetie! No the gears on my box aren't Tim Holtz per se; I made them from molds using polymer clay but I did use Tim's gears to make the molds.

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, sweetie! I'm so-so very sorry to hear your dad's not well! Of course, my prayers are extended to him and your family that he'll be well soon. I was so praying already that I wouldn't come back to any bad news but life does go on regardless to whether it's in a way we wish or not wish; but only God has control and He knows best; we may not always feel our choice is fair but He does know best.

I am so thankful I am here when you need me to say a prayer for your dad. Please keep me informed of your dad's progress in getting better -- I won't miss any opportunity to put in a word for him.

If there's anything I can do, just let me know. I can make and send him a card -- whatever -- just let me know if I can be of any assistance, okay?

Hugs to you, love you!!! Can you feel it?

Ladybug said...

Wowsers! What a transformation. It looks simply beautiful! Great job!