Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chick



Last year I found this tin at CVS but forgot to use it for Easter. I created this for my son and was going to fill it with candy but I am not a huge fan of candy so I have another crafty idea for the inside...you will have to wait and see what that will be ;-)
I cut the egg from Stretch Your Imagination cart at 7". Then I dry embossed it with Cuttlebug border embossing folders. It turned out really cute and I almost didn't want to cover it.
The 2" chick was cut from Create A Critter, I used Glue Dots pop up to add dimension between the layers. Since I cut this with my Imagine, I chose the yellow I wanted the chick to be and had the Imagine print the color yellow on the chicks top layer, then cut it. For the bottom layer, I chose to only cut it using white paper, I used my Copic markers to fill in the eyes, legs and feet with black. I used my yellow Copic marker to fill in the rest. The yellows match - no one would know how I did this just by looking at it. Chick looked very plain so I decided to dry emboss him. I also added some flock to his tummy.
Added a ribbon and bow, Voila, done! Now I have to make one for my daughter!

4 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

This is toooo adorable! I love it!!! Now I can't wait to see just what you're going to fill it with for your son (since the poor lil guy won't be getting candy...lol!)

Thanks too for the award -- you're such a sweetie!!! I'll be sure to grab it!

Thanks again!

Hugs, sweetie!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

aaawwww...this is just so cute! I love that little chick, the embossing just makes her pop! That little tin is really cute.

Stacy said...

I love it. Great job on the colors
Hugs
Stacy

Linda Kaiser said...

Super cute! It makes me smile...love the little chick!

Linda