Friday, November 22, 2013

True Love Was Born in a Stable



Seems like everyone is in the Christmas Spirit and I am still in the mood for Thanksgiving.  I googled images for Christmas mantels and came across this phrase..."True Love was born in a stable".  I love it!  I set off for a shopping trip early this morning with the intentions of not spending very much money and was pleasentaly surprised at what all I found on sale at Michaels.  I had a hard time finding an item for my 50% off coupon.

I purchased the burlap, silver ribbon, chalkboard pick,and deer from Michaels.  I was surprised the deer was less than $10 on sale!

On to the scrapbooking part of this project...

I used school/chalkboard paper from Hobby Lobby (already had it on hand) and Silhouette white premium vinyl to cut the phrase with my Silhouette Cameo.  I was going to cut out "Merry Christmas" and put that on the chalkboard pick, but thought it would be cool for the kids to use it to count down to Christmas using chalk every day to change the number of days.

I wanted this to be pretty and glam, yet also have a bit of natural too.  It is getting cold here this weekend...hopefully it continues to put me in the Christmas spirit.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This, my friend, is a stunning display! I love all the beautiful, natural elements and then that gorgeous POP of blue/green. My, my, my - I LOVE this!

Vanessa said...

What a beautiful display! I love that phrase! TFS!

Kristi said...

Your mantle turned out lovely!