Sunday, March 24, 2013

Off to see Great Grandma


 
I made these cards for my son and daughter.  They are on the road right now with their grandparents.  My husband's grandmother is visiting from Thailand, so they are heading down to Orlando to see her.  They will get a card each day while they are away.  I did this for them because I know they will appreciate them.  They are my number one fans!!!  This will be the first time my kids will remember meeting their great grandmother.  They were just babies when she was here last time.

I made these in a hurry on Friday while the kids were at school.  Luckily it wasn't a half day :-)

I even made them a little bookmark to go with the new books I bought them for the trip.  His is a monster and hers is a panda (as you can see in the picture).

It has been a very busy week.  My son had a report to do on migrates and green rays, so all my free time went to either helping him or letting him use my computer.  I will be by to check out all your blogs later today, since I have free time now!!!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

What adorable cards and bookmarks! I can't imagine making so many in such a short time--takes me forever! And what a nice way to stay connected with your children while they're away. Thanks for sharing!

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, your cards are just so sweet and sooooo adorable, and so are the little bookmarks!!! Love how colorful and happy they are; what fun to recieve those!!!

BTW, that must make me your number two fan... lol!!!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What wonderful memories your children will make! And what sweet little surprises they will get in the mail! Your cards and cute little bookmarks look great. This should be a special week for them and I know they will make wonderful memories ♥

Kristi said...

These are so adorable! I have to admit that the little hippo stole my heart!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, sweetie! Although this comes late, I still wanted to make sure to say I hope you and your family enjoyed a beautiful Easter weekend. I'm still sending well-wishes and love your way!

Hugs!