Friday, October 26, 2012

Cricut Imagine No Longer in Production

Imagine-Announcement

Well, PC finally announced the Imagine is no longer in production.  What a waste of my money.  I bought mine on QVC.com a few minutes before it launched and I was one of the last to get mine. Remember they sold more than they had on hand.   I had problems updating it from the start..had to send it back after spending days on the phone with customer service and the software manager (and the infamous hang up I used to read about on the message board happened to me).  The second phone call I told the guy he better not hang up on me and he did...but he did call me back and apologized greatly.  There was NOTHING wrong with my machine, so they sent it back to me and all of a sudden I was able to do updates with no problem. 

My husband got tired of all the problems I would have when I scrapped, so he bought me the Silhouette SD.  Scrapping has been so much more enjoyable since then.  I was happy with my small machine but when the Cameo came out, my hubby bought it for me for Christmas.  I gave my SD to my sister. 

I stopped visiting the Cricut MB but for some reason I decided to go take a look.  That is why I saw the announcement.  What a shame, what a total waste of $500.00.  I knew better but the excitement got the best of me and my hubby bought the Imagine for me at launch.  I learned a lot through this experience.  It is very sad to me...the things I read about this company is horrible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had my imagine for over a year now. I have never had one issue with it. It updated like a dream when I purchased it, and continues to accept updates. It cuts and prints wonderfully and I love it. It also cuts vinyl with no problems at all. We have used it to make invitations, wall decor, Halloween decorations and many more thing. We have a lot of Holiday projects we are starting now. I think you must have gotten a lemon. Plus I got mine on black Friday last year and only paid 189.00 for mine at Walmart