Friday, October 14, 2011

Especially for you card




Supplies:

Adhesive

White cardstock

Cricut Imagine

Cricut Fabulous Finds Cart

Cricut Imagine Audrey Cart

Silhouette

Office Printer
Ink

Ink dauber


I created this card for my bosses boss, Walt. He is actually the manager who hired me 10+ years ago. I worked for him for probably 4 years or so until I moved to the software group. He has moved up and I have moved to the Avionics Engineering group, which is happens to fall under Walt. We are having a picnic for our boss and decided to invite Walt also, so I made this card today.


I printed the paper on the Cricut Imagine. The pattern is on the Audrey (which also happens to be a lovely name and a lovely blogger!) cart. The file folder card can be found on Fabulous Finds cart (I used the blackout feature). After cutting the card x 2, I switched over to my Sihouette.


I found the frame in my library. I created an inset, then made the line dotted and white. I repeated the process only making the offset larger than the original frame and again added the dotted white lines. This is sooo easy to do with the SIL and I think a great touch.


Lastly, I added some twine and inked the edges...hope he likes it. I am sure he will appreciate it...he's that kind of man.


Simple, but pretty I think.

2 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey, sweetie! What an adorable job, and you did an adorable job creating it! I've got to get the "Audrey" cart... lol!!!

Hope all's well, and thank you for being such a wonderful friend!!!

Hugs!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Lovely card! I really like the green and brown combo and the shape of your card is great. What a special card for a guy who sounds very special! He must be pretty smart also, after all he hired you!