Sunday, September 15, 2013

Bird Card Using the Silhouette Weld Feature

Echo Park bird with welded circles all around to maker her fluffy.  I used the same technique on the right side of the pattern paper to create a scallop edge.

Dry embossed the inside.

Matching envelope

Hi all!  Thanks for visiting on this beautiful "summer" weekend.  I feel fall in the air, hence the colors used for this card and matching envelope.

I will be submitting this in the Silhouette Blog Weekly Shape Challenge and Giveaway.

The challenge is to use the Silhouette Studio weld feature.  I used the weld feature on two items on my card.  The first is this cute Echo Park Bird.  I purchased the bird from the Silhouette Online Store, then I created circles all around the bird, once I had the correct shape, I welded all the circles together.  I cold have made the bird a different color then the welded circles, but I liked this little one all one color.

The envelope was also purchased from the Silhouette Store.  It can be found here.

I also used the print and cut feature - all the pattern paper used was printed using the fill option in Silhouette Studio.  I L♥VE this feature!

I bought and recently used a card from the Silhouette Store with scallops like the ones I used on this card.  I wanted to see if I could recreate the look on my own (and then this challenge came along).  I had taken a class at Jessica Sprague and she taught us how to create scallops with Photoshop so, I wanted to see how easy it would be using the Silhouette Software.  There may be an easier way to do it than the way I did it...I love learning new things with my Silhouette!

Thanks for visiting!  Good luck to everyone entering the challenge!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

That's so cute! I love the colors!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey-hey, sweetie! I love your adorable card!!! And it's a great challenge card too -- good luck!!!

Hugs, my friend!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

You are too, too clever! Love your sweet little birdy. The colors are great (reminds me a bit of a football team we both know and love). Beautiful card my friend!