Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mermaid

(Click picture to enlarge)

My daughter is in swim lessons. She doesn't like it very much. I thought I would create a reward "chart" for her. I used the paper doll cart. I let her pick out what she wanted, a girl in a bathing suit, a mermaid...after looking at all the options, she chose the mermaid. This worked out perfect, she had already told me she wanted a Little Mermaid doll like her friend Anna...so here is my plan...

Everyday she goes to swim lessons and participates without crying and without giving me a problem leaving her with the instructor, she gets to choose an item for her mermaid. At the end of swim lessons, if she has all the pieces, she gets to go to the store and buy the Little Mermaid doll. So far she has earned the fin, the bathing suit top and the doll's hair. I have an octopus and and a crab cut out too - just a few more things to cut. (Forgot to mention, I let her pick out the paper I used.)

This has worked soooo well. She has earned a cut-out each day. She looks forward to her swim lesson and coming home to get her reward. I placed this on the fridge so she can reach it and see it easily.

2 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Another great idea!!! Let me know how impressed your daughter is now!!!

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Thank you Audrey. We ended up only doing this for the first of the 2 week session. It was a lot of fun for her and it motivated her to do well.

She ended up picking out a My Little Pony ferris wheel for her reward...so much for the Mermaid.

Glad you are back!!!